Nobody wants to look old…aging isn’t for the faint of heart. The anti-aging industry is a multi-billion dollar business and research indicates it’s going to get bigger. The growth is due, in large part, to aging baby boomers. It’s also due to the aging male’s increasing interest in looking younger. The number of men visiting hair salons, requesting Botox injections and opting for cosmetic surgery is growing each year. But there are a few simple DIY things men can do to keep the effects of aging at bay:
Begin with basic skin care.
One of the first things people notice about you is your skin.
- Clean and moisturize. Using a gentle cleanser and a rich moisturizer every day will help you look younger. Why? Because dryness exaggerates the signs of aging.
- Stay hydrated. Six to eight cups of water a day is suggested…to give your skin firmer tone and a more youthful appearance.
- Avoid the sun. If you plan to be in the sun, wear sunscreen. Over-exposure to the sun is cumulative, and can cause wrinkles and age spots that will definitely give away your age.
Maintain your health.
It’s a fact: There are lifestyle choices that promote wellness.
- Eat healthy. Eating a Mediterranean-type diet, which includes fish, chicken, fruits, and vegetables with a moderate amount of carbs, will keep you healthy, young and fit.
- Quit smoking. Smoking creates fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth and eyes. It also dulls your skin, stains your teeth, and can cause health problems that will rapidly age you.
- A daily exercise regimen will help you maintain body tone, balance and flexibility – important considerations as you age. Aerobic exercise is good for your heart and also for your brain. Men who are trim and fit look and feel younger than those who are flabby. Extra pounds can add extra years.
- Getting enough sleep is important for how you look; most adults need seven to nine hours of sleep every night. A lack of sleep can result in bags under your eyes that make you appear older. And, by the way, naps are definitely OK!
Schedule a consultation
Men – give us a call and let us discuss the many anti-aging treatment options we offer: (219) 464-7546.