What is the most popular aesthetic cosmetic procedure in the world? BOTOX!
Since 2002, Botox has been administered in over 11 million procedures.
Now that’s a lot of tiny needles!
Even though the effects of Botox are temporary, men and women alike return for additional injections and swear by it, stating they look younger, less tired and less stressed.
Although you may have heard about it and may have even had a Botox procedure, you may not know much about it or how it works.
- In 1989 the FDA approved Botox for eye spasms and in 2002, approved it for wrinkles, frown lines and creases.
- Botulinum toxin type A, a neurotoxic protein produced by bacteria is the ingredient in Botox. It is a ‘cousin’ to the bacteria that causes the food-borne disease
- Scientists found that injecting tiny amounts of botulinum toxin type A into a muscle temporarily paralyzed that muscle.
- This important for the face because muscles are the cause of wrinkles around the forehead and eyes.
- We make repeated muscle contractions when we frown, laugh and squint…and these contractions cause wrinkles.
- Botox injections block nerve signals to muscles, stopping the contraction of the targeted muscle. The wrinkle above the muscle either disappears or dramatically lessens.
- The frown area is the most common area of the face to be treated.
- Botox takes about a week to fully relax the muscle. Full results last from four to six months.
- Botox does wear off, but most love it and return for repeat injections. If you happen to experience a rare side effect, as Botox wears off everything will return to normal.
- Why Botox?
- PREVENTION: Botox slows down the creation of creases.
- FACIAL RELAXATION: Botox eases that ‘angry’
- LIFT: Botox can give a lift to your eyes and mouth corners helping you look more rested.
Aging affects us all and is difficult in a culture that celebrates youth.
Call DeLaine Anti Aging today to schedule a consultation to discuss the benefits of Botox for your ever youthful skin!