You are not alone if those unsightly, wiggly, turkey-neck waddles are causing you consternation. They are a common complaint of many women and men of a “certain age.”
The neck is one of the first places we show our age…we see loose skin, jowls and horizontal creases creeping up on us and conspiring to make us look older than our age.
Sadly but truly, they don’t do a thing for our self-confidence.
A popular cosmetic surgical procedure, the neck lift, also known as a cervicoplasty or platysmaplasty, is an appealing alternative to living with your waddles.
A neck lift tightens the skin and underlying muscles of the neck and improves the contour of the jawline. During the procedure, the surgeon makes a small incision behind the chin and sometimes behind the ears. The neck muscles are then tightened and excess skin is removed.
Call us to discuss!
- Before your consultation at DeLaine, consider your goals and clarify your expectations. Perhaps you have had discussions with friends who have had the procedure or have read about it in magazines or news articles. This is a popular procedure but everyone is different.
- During the consultation, we will explain your options, go over your expectations and discuss what type of anesthesia to use. This depends on your level of comfort.
- An important thing to remember: You must be in good health!
- Be sure to inform us of any medications you take or any health concerns you may have.
What happens after surgery?
- You will have some down time – that is common with any cosmetic surgical procedure.
- It may take several weeks for the swelling to go down and the incisions to fade, but after that, you should see a tighter, more youthful looking neck.
- Consider taking time off work, if that is appropriate, and arrange for help at home.
- Avoid heavy lifting and vigorous exercise for a few weeks.
- Take it easy. This is a time to pamper yourself!
Call us today! We look forward to discussing this procedure with you!